The three left hand recesses contain the former public entrances of the church, now unused. This was opened in 1956, and is now the Istituto Villa Flaminia. In each bay is a round-headed window, high up and lighting the gallery within. The three bays of the left-hand aisle are obvious here. The lower façade is obscured by the enclosed access corridors. Luogo: Museo di Orsanmichele, Firenze, Filippo Lippi - Stories of St. John the Baptist in the left (north) wall of the…, Madonna dell'Orto Cima da Conegliano San Giovanni Battista tra i Santi Pietro, Marco, Girolamo e Paolo, Mattia Preti "San Giovanni Battista davanti a Erode" c. 1665 Oil on canvas, 90 x 190 cm. The apse is windowless. Flickr is almost certainly the best online photo management and sharing application in the world. There are three side chapels, St John-Baptist de La Salle in Spain Square. Nostra Signora di Guadalupe a Monte Mario, Santa Maria Addolorata a Piazza Buenos Aires, Dedications to St John Baptist de la Salle, The sanctuary wall has two storeys, separated by the lower entablature of the nave. This has two foci, the other being the old Collegio in the Palazzo Poli near the Trevi Fountain. In response, the Brothers initiated a project to transfer the school to a new site in the rione Flaminio. Materiale: bronzo. There are gardens around it. The sanctuary has a single shallow bay with a coffered barrel vault having a little lantern at its top. 'San Jerónimo y San Juan Bautista', obra del italiano Masaccio, pintor del renacimiento temprano, Polittico di San Giovanni Battista, 1504-1509, olio su tavola, chiesa di San Giovanni Battista, San Fior (TV), Bautismo de Cristo (1624-1628), obra de Gregorio Fernández. The patron saint was their founder. The exterior fabric is in red brick. There was a narrow escape after 1931, when the Fascist government proposed a new road that would have entailed the demolition of the complex. The church is on the major axis of this and is situated at the rear, being connected to the main entrance as well as to the wings on each side by covered walkways. Santuario di San Giovanni Battista de La Salle is the chapel of the General Curia or the headquarters of the religious institute of the Brothers of the Christian Schools, founded by St John Baptist de La Salle. The main roof is pitched and tiled, but the sanctuary apse roof is flat. The galleries have a matching set of windows -twelve in all. The Brothers also decided to build a vast new convent in the Aurelio as its Generalate or world headquarters. The first entablature has a green marble frieze. Parrocchia San Giovanni Battista de La Salle, Monserrato. The high altar is dominated by an enormous gilded glory with a copy of the icon of Our Lady of Pompei, and this obscures the central niche just mentioned. The church stands on a crypt which is at street-level. The main arch here has angels in its spandrels, too. These blocking walls create three huge recesses in each structural aisle, and each of these is barrel-vaulted with coffering in a cross pattern. The relics of St John Baptist were then transferred to the new chapel, where they remain. The central nave side walls are divided into three by a pair of buttresses, and each of the three bays so defined contains a round-headed window. Via dell’Orsa Minore, 59 – 00144 Roma Tel: 06.52246077 Fax: 06.52209140 . The small arcade fronts an upper gallery, containing four statues. The dedication is to St John Baptist de La Salle. The frieze is in green marble. Show off your favorite photos and videos to the world, securely and privately show content to your friends and family, or blog the photos and videos you take with a cameraphone. There is no other decoration. It started life in the Palazzo Altemps, which is now a museum. See all 7 photos taken at Piazza San Giovanni Battista de la Salle by 398 visitors. The piers are clad in a greenish-grey marble. Churches of Rome Wiki is a FANDOM Lifestyle Community. 1.5K likes. The saintly founder established principles of education to be revitalised in Italy by St John Bosco. Map of Piazza San Giovanni Battista De La Salle, Rome (Municipio Roma XIII). to help give you the best experience we can. Directory of services close to Piazza San Giovanni Battista De La Salle: shops, restaurants, leisure and sports facilities, hospitals, gas stations and other places of interest. San Giovanni Battista de La Salle alla Piazza di Spagna is a 19th century school chapel, listed by the Diocese as a church, with a postal address at Via San Sebastianello 1 near the Spanish Steps in the rione Campo Marzio. There is a bronze statue of the patron saint on the apse wall behind the altar. The second storey features six portraits of saints flanking a central round-headed bas-relief niche, these in Baroque frames and separated by vertical panels with Grotesque decoration. This doorway is flanked by two pairs of gigantic Corinthian semi-columns on very high plinths, and which reach up to a projecting roofline cornice. The right hand aisle wall, including the gallery, fronts onto the Via Alibert, which is a dead-end street off the Via Margutta. Nostra Signora di Guadalupe a Monte Mario, Santa Maria Addolorata a Piazza Buenos Aires, Dedications to St John Baptist de la Salle, Collegio di San Giuseppe -Istituto De Merode, Santuario di San Giovanni Battista de La Salle, These windows, like those in the side aisle walls, have stained glass -twelve in total. In place of transepts, there are two large chapels each with a cupola on a little drum, and the roof pitched up to the drum. So, the church has only had the function of a school chapel and nowadays seems to be entirely private with no free public access. These are described as not having any works of art worth noting. The layout is rectangular, and features a nave of three bays with structural side aisles. From this the central nave ribbed cross-vault springs, having lunettes containing round-headed windows. Into each recess is inserted a gallery, supported by a huge trabeation beam and fronted by a marble pin balustrade. Churches of Rome Wiki is a FANDOM Lifestyle Community. The aisle sections of the frontage have sloping rooflines, and each has two little windows one above the other. The arcade arches have stucco reliefs of angels on their spandrels, and are topped by a massive second cornice with strap corbels. However, the Fascists proposed to demolish this in 1931 to make was for a road, as part of Mussolini's mad scheme to do to Rome what Baron Haussmann did to Paris. The actual edifice is on the Via Alibert. Inside, the extensive fresco work on the side walls, apse and ceiling vault is by Fontana. The latter is slightly brought forward over them, for the length of the middle aisle bay. Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. The aisle pillars are cross-shaped in section, and are clad in grey-veined marble. The piers do not have proper capitals, but instead have posts with architrave, frieze and strongly projecting cornice. The coffering is a row of alternate squares and circles with rosettes, white on a puce background with further stucco embellishments. The dedication is to St John Baptist de La Salle. ... Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all’uso dei … Religious Organization The second entablature of the nave tops this upper storey, and has the conch of the apse springing from it. The Brothers of the Christian Schools (in Italian, I Fratelli delle scuole cristiane and in French, Frères des Écoles Chrétiennes) were founded in Rheims, France at the end of the 17th century. This forms what amounts to the public profile of the church, but it seems that the entrances here have not been used for at least sixty years.


Asl Via Apulia Prenotazioni, Via Dolorosa Mappa, Location Matrimoni Ravello, Pizzerie Economiche Napoli, Cala Moresca Matrimonio,